You Decide About Handling Frustration Book & Workbook
- Follow Ryan as he learns how to appropriately deal with frustrating situations
- Teach children 12 techniques to cope with frustration
- Ages: 7-10
Ryan has a problem with math. His father helps him, and when he needs further help from a tutor he has to miss soccer practice. He is not only frustrated by his work, he is also frustrated with the hard choices he has to make. As Ryan faces twelve different decisions, he must make one of three choices, and each choice will lead to a different outcome. Ryan's good choices result in positive feedback from others and a better understanding of his problems, but his poor choices only cause more problems. 48-pages, spiral-bound.
The workbook, written by Lawrence E. Shapiro, Ph.D., is designed to help children learn twelve techniques to help them deal with the inevitable frustrations they will encounter in their lives. As children learn to more effectively cope with frustration, both their schoolwork and interpersonal relationships will improve. There is no right or wrong way to use this workbook, as long as you respect the right of children to understand and cope with their problems at their own pace. 66-pages, spiral-bound.
Each activity consists of five parts:
- An explanation of the technique
- An opportunity to practice the technique
- A fill-in-the-blank story about the technique
- An activity to create positive thoughts
- An art activity that helps reinforce the technique by stimulating a child's imagination
This product is also part of the You Decide Series.