The Rainbow Dragon Card Game (Self-Awareness)
By Martha Belknap
- his fun game promotes self-awareness through listening, questioning, and sharing in an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, and honesty
- Players learn to accept and honor differing points of view, a vital skill in today’s diverse world
- Recommended for ages 6 to adult
The Rainbow Dragon Game is designed to help kids:
- Learn more about themselves and others
- Share their thoughts, feelings, and ideas
- Develop personal responsibilities and self-esteem
- Cooperate and have fun together
This fun game promotes self-awareness through listening, questioning, and sharing in an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, and honesty. Players learn to accept and honor differing points of view, a vital skill in today’s diverse world.
- Separate the 6 Dragon Poems and the 6 Dragon Pictures
- Talk about the meaning of each color and energy.
- Mix up the other cards and spread them out face down.
- Have each player choose 3 cards of different colors.
- Have each player in turn read one of the 3 cards out loud and respond to it.
- At any time, a card may be returned and replaced with another choice.
Red Dragon: With thoughts of red inside our mind, energy and strength we find.
Green Dragon: Green can help our hearts to grow so joyful love and health can flow.
Purple Dragon: Purple helps us look inside to trust our wise and inner guide.
Yellow Dragon: Yellow helps us reach our goal with knowledge, power, and control.
Blue Dragon: Creative thinking flows with blue; stillness, peace, and beauty, too.
Orange Dragon: Orange keeps us warm and bright glowing with a friendly light.
For 2 to 10 players ages 6 to adult.
Stress Relief for Kids: Through the book's use of creative relaxation activities, kids learn to direct themselves and each other to a better place.
Stress Relief for Kids CD: The CD offers relaxation scripts and guided imagery to relax and teaches kids how to use coping skills to manage their stress.