A New Beginning: Recovery Set
- Designed to enhance recovery skill for those overcoming addictive behaviors
- Facilitate both group and individual sessions
- Includes A New Beginning: Recovery workbook and Card Game
Knowledge of a 12-step program is required for most cards
Appropriate for all ages
A New Beginning: Recovery Workbook, Reproducible Exercises to Help People Overcome Addictive Behaviors by Mildred Duggins Williams. MA, CAC. Illustrated by Amy Leutenberg Brodsky, LISW. This workbook is designed to enhance recovery skills for those overcoming addictive behaviors. Includes 44 reproducible worksheets on such topics as: self-inventory, family & relationships, relapse patterns, recovery process and reflection. Designed for people in any type of 12-Step program. Use as a group starter or a group session of its own. Also, suitable for use in individual sessions. 90 Spiral-bound pages.
A New Beginning: Recovery Card Game by Mildred Duggins Williams, MA, CAC II. This card game is designed to enhance recovery skills for those overcoming addictive behaviors. Cards reinforce skills, generate discussions, and integrate learning. The deck can be used to creatively facilitate groups or individual sessions. You can customize the activities by pulling out the most appropriate cards for a particular group or individual. Most cards require knowledge of a 12-step program.
- If you come in contact with old associates who are using, how will you handle the situation? What recovery tools will you use?
- Did you have multiple addictions? How did their effects on you differ?
- List the names of four people in your life that will be impacted by positive changes in your thinking and behaving.